TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
By: Devansh Patel, IndiaFM
Monday, July 30, 2007
It's strange and very rare, but it's true. Eros International along with Anil Kapoor Films Company kept their first ever Press conference outside India for the promotion of their film Gandhi My Father in the Courthouse Hotel in Central London. The cast and the crew who attended the conference included the director Mr Feroz Khan, the producer Anil Kapoor, actor Akshaye Khanna and Tushaar Gandhi, the great grandson of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. The stage was set for the most shocking truth which was about to shock the International media present in the conference room.
The first person invited to speak was Anil Kapoor. He came, he saw, he broke down. Yes, when asked how did the journey as a producer started he said that he wasn't quite sure whether to produce it or not and it was only because of his daughter's and other family members interest he said Yes to the project.
Anil then went into flash back and described how he and Feroz became friends and how the script for Gandhi My Father came about. The moment he recalled those memorable moments, Anil Kapoor took a long pause. His eyes became moist and he started crying. The actor/producer was speechless, not because he was crying but because the film was so close to his heart.
Everyone from the media cheered Anil Kapoor on for standing up in front of the media and letting us know that how important is a film like Gandhi My Father to the talented actor.
Another crying episode also took place couple of weeks back in London's Soho screening rooms when few of the guests and media had moist eyes after the special screening of the film. Well, looks like Gandhi My Father is surely going to make its audiences go home with moist eyes but a warm feeling in heart of having watched a great cinema.