TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Anupam Kher is on a new high. Looking seriously at his global prospects, Anupam has accepted a pivotal role in producer Ashok Amritraj's The Other End Of The Line, a love story featuring an Indian girl working in a call center in Mumbai (yet to be finalized) who travels all the way to San Francisco to be with her American love-interest (Jesse Matcalfe).
"I met Ashok Amritraj some three years ago and was stuck by his global vision of cinema," recounts Anupam whose next release is Pradeep Sarkar's Laga Chunari Mein Daag. "When he narrated this script about a cross-cultural love story I was completed taken up by it. I wanted to be part of it."
Anupam who plays the female actor"s father says he has a sizeable role. "If you remember I had played Parminder Nagra's father in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It like Beckham. That was my first big international film. The Other End of the Line will be shot in Mumbai and partly in San Francisco."