TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
He was supposed to make his debut as a director close to 5 years back with PAANCH. The film has been stuck though for number of reasons and the film's release doesn't seem to be in sight.
His subsequent film BLACK FRIDAY too didn't see the light of the day for number of years and it seemed that Kashyap would have to wait for a longer period to see his name being flashed on the big screen as a director.
However, 2007 changed it all as the talented director/actor saw not one, not two but as many as three films as a director finally arriving on the big screen. First and foremost was BLACK FRIDAY which finally overcome all hurdles to get a major release. The film easily stands as one of the best films to have been made in recent times.
A few weeks back, NO SMOKING arrived amidst a lot of fanfare too though it turned out to be both critical and commercial disaster. Nevertheless, Kashyap did get a pat on his back by many for trying out something unconventional.
Anurag KashyapNow on last Friday of the year, he would be creating a hat trick with the release of THE RETURN OF HANUMAN which would perhaps be a record for a debutant film maker to have as many as three films releasing in the same year. An animation film which is the sequel to 2005 hit HANUMAN, THE RETURN OF HANUMAN is creating good reports and should end the year for Kashyap on a positive note.
Meanwhile for the industry it would be a blessing to have a film maker who can make films across various genres like docu-dramas (BLACK FRIDAY), dark thrillers (NO SMOKING) and educational (THE RETURN OF HANUMAN).