TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
By: (Bollywood&TV Analyst)
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Indian government has inflicted a ban on the distribution of the world famous satellite TV channel AXN (the much watched channel throughout the world) in India. In response to the ban imposed by the Ministry of Information&Broadcasting of India (MIB) on the distribution of AXN in India, AXN issued the following statement:
"We acknowledge that the MIB's ban of the distribution of AXN in India on 17 January 2007 is based on programmes and advertisements that had been previously exhibited on AXN in India. We understand that the ban imposed by the MIB against AXN is based upon legal procedures contained in India's Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995".
The channel is fully and actively cooperating with the Government of India so that the matter can be resolved soon. AXN has issued a formal apology to the Government of India for AXN's alleged violations of Indian content restrictions. AXN has agreed to put in place a significantly improved and more effective system of self-regulation in order to ensure that programs and advertisements telecast on AXN do not create further problems in the future.
Narein of Zee TV's Ravan in Eik Dastak
Abbas-Mustan Casts Vikas Kalantri