TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Singer Babul Supriyo has decided to make his acting debut in a Bengali film. He will be playing the lead role in Chandrer Bari. The film will be directed by acclaimed Bengali filmmaker Tarun Mazumdar.
Babul seems to be following the footsteps of his contemporaries like Himesh Reshammiya, Sonu Nigam, Palaash Sen - popular singers who also made an advent into acting. Reportedly, he was offered the role in Chandrer Bari when he went to record a song for Mazumdar in Kolkata. He will be seen opposite Rituparna Sengupta - the leading lady of Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh fame and top Bengali actress. Babul, who claims to have no formal training in acting, will be trying his hand at the same with Mazumdar's help. It is learned that he will also feature in his own music videos henceforth, and will attempt a Bollywood flick if a good offer comes his way.
Chandrer Bali will go on floors by the 22nd of April this year.