TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Amitabh Bachchan has bagged awards and acclaims from all over the globe for his remarkable performances. Famed as the superstar on the Indian Film Industry, AB's talent recently won him the French Legion d'Honneur - the highest civilian award in all of France.
Satyajit Ray is the only person from the industry who was conferred with this honour besides the prolific actor Amitabh Bachchan. Reportedly, AB was chosen for the honour because of his world-class appeal. According to the French Ambassador, Dominique Girard, Amitabh Bachchan is a milestone on the history of the Indian entertainment industry, and he very much deserved this award. And what does AB have to say this achievement? The actor said that he was truly humbled by the honour bestowed upon him. He credited the entire Indian Film industry, with which he has been associated for over three decades. He went ahead to saying that Indian cinema has created its own culture that is accepted the world over, just like French cinema had done years ago.
The French Ambassador conferred the award on AB at a special function at the embassy. Jaya Bachchan, Abhishek and his sister Shweta Nanda, and Bachchan family's to-be bahu Aishwarya Rai were also present at the ceremony.
Fardeen - Kunal to play Jai - Veeru
Big B, Britain's future PM meet up