TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Petite Bhumika Chawla may have just entered marital hood but her films continue to hit the marquee. One such film is Gangotri, a sequel to last year's Bhojpuri hit Ganga.
The film is special for Bhumika since it would mark the third instance when she and Amitabh Bachchan would be a part of the same project. The two were at the warring ends in Family - Ties of Blood where Big B was responsible for the death of her on-screen husband Akshay Kumar. The two didn't have many scenes together though.
Later in Dil Jo Bhi Kahey, she was supposed to be Bachchan's daughter-in-law but lost out to a beauty from the West who stole the heart of the film's debutant hero Karan Sharma.
Now in Gangotri, Bhumika plays the title role and is supposed to have enacted a number of crucial alongside the veteran.
Touted to release on Diwali, the film also stars Hema Malini, Manoj Tiwari, Aroona Irani and Kunal Singh.