- My Best Scenes In Partition: 1947 Are With Om Puri, Says Huma Qureshi
- BIZARRE! Om Puri's Ghost HAUNTS His Mumbai House To Seek Revenge?
- An Angry Nawazuddin Siddiqui Says 'Popular Award Functions Should Be Shut Down'!
- Oscars 2017! Om Puri's Family Overwhelmed By The Special Tribute
- While the Oscars Pay Homage To Om Puri, Bollywood Completely Ignores Him! Shame!
- Indian & Pakistani Fans Pay Tribute To Om Puri In Toronto!
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
News about Bhumika Chawla's marriage very recently made rounds. Though the pretty actress' last Hindi film was Gandhi My Father, she would soon be a part of at least two regional films in the coming weeks.
This November would see a release each of hers in Bhojpuri and Punjabi. While Gangotri is the film in Bhojpuri which sees her play the title role and share screen space with the likes of Amitabh Bachchan and Manoj Tiwari, Yaariyan is in Punjabi. The film features Gurdass Mann as the male lead and Bhumika plays his love interest. Directed by Deepak Grewal, the film also stars other actors like Om Puri and Gulshan Grover who have their roots in Punjab.
Though Bhumika hasn't signed any new film in Hindi, her Naam is waiting in the wings with no one even associated with the film having any idea about its eventual release. Directed by Anees Bazmee, this Ajay Devgan-Sameera Reddy starrer (earlier titled Benaam) is based on Bourne Identity and was launched more than 3 years back.