- Ekta Kapoor To Come Up With Game Of Thrones Remake; The Show Might Have Adult Content!
- Barun Sobti & Kay Kay Menon In ALT Balaji’s Web Series 'The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family’
- Vodka Diaries Movie Review: Give This Shot Of Vodka A Miss To Keep Your Sanity Intact!
- Roles Are Finite, People Infinite: Kay Kay Menon
- The Ghazi Attack Movie Review: Surfaces Victorious Post A Riveting Depiction Of A Brave Story!
- TRAILER: Rana Daggubati-Taapsee Pannu's The Ghazi Attack Is An Intriguing Tale Of Unsung Heroes!
Sunday, January 14, 2007
February 9th is going to be the best Friday for Anurag Kashyap as his highly awaited film Black Friday will finally release. The film was banned two years ago by the Bombay High Court despite having a censor certificate.
Adlabs today announced acquisition of worldwide distribution rights of the critically-acclaimed docu-drama, Black Friday which is based on the 1993 Bombay blasts which left 257 dead and 1400 injured and brought into the spotlight the mafia-terrorist nexus prevalent today. Based on S. Hussain Zaidi's book on the same subject, the film takes one into the heart of the conspiracy behind the Bombay blasts and the massive follow-up investigation.
Produced by Arindam Mitra and directed by Anurag Kashyap, the film features the stellar acting talents of Kay Kay Menon, Pavan Malhotra and Aditya Srivastava playing Inspector Rakesh Maria, Tiger Memon and police informer 'Badshah Khan' respectively.
The film is presented by Mid-Day Multimedia Limited and Adlabs and will be released nationwide and overseas on 9th February 2007.
Elaborating on the announcement, Sunir Kheterpal, COO - Film Distribution, Adlabs Films Ltd., said, "Black Friday is a bold and brave story that is waiting to be told to the Indian public and we are very happy to be facilitating its release on the scale and the platform that a film like Black Friday truly deserves."