TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Monday, January 08, 2007
This month, Bollywood celebrities have decided to contribute a slice of their lives for a noble cause. Actor-director Anupam Kher, Nagesh Kukunoor, Sachin Pilgaonkar, actress Rati Agnihotri and film critic Khalid Mohammed comprise the panel of judges for the 25 finalists at the Genesis Film Project.
Genesis is not just another filmmaking contest. It is an effort to bring 101 filmmakers to make short films on 101 NGOs, thus creating mass awareness about their mission, achievements, and the challenges they face. Socialite and actress Divya Palat has also decided to go behind the lens and participate in the festival. She will be making a film for a non-profit organization called Nanhi Kali.
Anupam Kher is going to judge the finalists in the Children's Film category. The actor has decided to award Rs.51, 000 to the best children's film from his end. Talking about being a part of this project, he said, "Genesis Film Festival gives a good chance to amateur filmmakers to exhibit their talent. It also gives the much needed exposure to NGOs, which is why I decided to contribute to this project."
The final round of the event will be held on the 9th of January. Short films by finalists will be screened at Cinemax theatres in Mumbai. A source said that the celebrity judges have supported this project selflessly. It is indeed very heartening to see this benevolent side of Bollywood.
Dev Anand launches his autobiography
Bipasha in action packed Beach Blaze