TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Kunal Shivdasani, who has directed the Lux, Mountain Dew and Hrithik Roshan"s Tamarind shirt ads, says, “Hijack is an action-drama where a plane is hijacked mid-air.
I wanted to go for a real look and we rented out a Boeing Tristar 737 and a runway in Dubai where we shot the entire climax for 14 days."
He continues, “We also put up a set of the plane interiors in Dubai as I wanted the lighting done in a particular way. There are action sequences where Shiney jumps from a chopper onto the Boeing's wing and where Shiney jumps off a chopper onto the airplane. We shot this sequence from another chopper 20 feet above Shiney"s chopper so there are three flying objects in the sequence. Allan Amin has done the action sequences."
It must have been expensive renting out a runway and a Boeing 737. Kunal laughs, “Yes, we have gone over budget but being an ad filmmaker I"m very particular about my aesthetics.
The whole sequence cost us almost four crore. There was talk of animation and graphics for the action but I wanted to shoot live. When Shiney was hanging from the chopper and planes he didn"t even use cables. There were some tense, scary but exciting moments but it"s all part of the business.
Shiney and I are close friends and we always wanted to make a sexy film. Hijack has never-seen-before action sequences. I insisted on Shiney doing all his stunts and not using a double as I wanted close ups. In one scene, Shiney is hanging 100 feet above the ground from a helicopter going at 100 kmph."
Why didn"t they shoot in India? “We wanted a smaller airport and renting an airport in India is not possible unless it"s at a remote place. In India, it"s difficult to block traffic and divert planes to another runway.
In Dubai, we burnt ourselves in the 53-degree heat, the light boys fainted and each of us abused the other but we had a blast!"