TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Friday, October 19, 2007
Shahrukh Khan starer Chak De! India has won the Best Film Award in the Fifth Australian Indian Film Festival (AIFF). A major part of the movie directed by Shimit Amin was shot in Melbourne and Sydney. The movie also featured 90 Australian hockey players huge number of spectators.
The movie which is strikingly similar to Indian women hockey team's win in the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games under coach Mir Ranjan Negi. In the movie Shahrukh plays the role of the coach and turns a bunch of ordinary players into a world beating outfit.
The awards which were announced at Sydney's Museum of Contemporary Art also saw Akshay Khanna winning the Best Actor Award for his of Harilal Gandhi in the movie Gandhi My Father directed by Feroz Khan.
The ten day long festival is said to be the largest foreign film festivals in the nation down under and will be screening some of best movies from India. It kicked off with the screening of Gandhi My Father. A lot of Bollywood celebrities are expected to take part in the event which will be screening more than 20 movies.