TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Friday, October 19, 2007
Shahrukh Khan starer Chak De! India has won the Best Film Award in the Fifth Australian Indian Film Festival (AIFF). A major part of the movie directed by Shimit Amin was shot in Melbourne and Sydney. The movie also featured 90 Australian hockey players huge number of spectators.
The movie which is strikingly similar to Indian women hockey team's win in the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games under coach Mir Ranjan Negi. In the movie Shahrukh plays the role of the coach and turns a bunch of ordinary players into a world beating outfit.
The awards which were announced at Sydney's Museum of Contemporary Art also saw Akshay Khanna winning the Best Actor Award for his of Harilal Gandhi in the movie Gandhi My Father directed by Feroz Khan.
The ten day long festival is said to be the largest foreign film festivals in the nation down under and will be screening some of best movies from India. It kicked off with the screening of Gandhi My Father. A lot of Bollywood celebrities are expected to take part in the event which will be screening more than 20 movies.