TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
The clash of the titans this Diwali -- Om Shanti Om and Saawariya -- is still being written about and discussed by one and all. But await another clash this Christmas, for as many as three biggies -- Firoz A. Nadiadwala/Anees Bazmee"s Welcome, Rajkumar Santoshi"s Halla Bol and Aamir Khan"s Taare Zameen Par -- are confirmed for release on 21st December.
In the past, Christmas wasn"t eyed by producers as vigorously, but 2007 is an exception. Reason: The producers are not only looking at the opening Friday-Sunday weekend, but Monday and Tuesday holidays as well, which makes it a 5-day weekend.
What makes this clash all the more significant is the fact that it"s for the first time that three corporate entities are pitted against one another. While Studio 18 is distributing Welcome and PVR is involved in Taare Zameen Par, Pyramid Saimira has acquired the worldwide rights of Halla Bol.