TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
The clash of the titans this Diwali -- Om Shanti Om and Saawariya -- is still being written about and discussed by one and all. But await another clash this Christmas, for as many as three biggies -- Firoz A. Nadiadwala/Anees Bazmee"s Welcome, Rajkumar Santoshi"s Halla Bol and Aamir Khan"s Taare Zameen Par -- are confirmed for release on 21st December.
In the past, Christmas wasn"t eyed by producers as vigorously, but 2007 is an exception. Reason: The producers are not only looking at the opening Friday-Sunday weekend, but Monday and Tuesday holidays as well, which makes it a 5-day weekend.
What makes this clash all the more significant is the fact that it"s for the first time that three corporate entities are pitted against one another. While Studio 18 is distributing Welcome and PVR is involved in Taare Zameen Par, Pyramid Saimira has acquired the worldwide rights of Halla Bol.