TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Monday, July 30, 2007
Though she's the central character of Gudiya one of entries at the just-concluded Osian film festival in Delhi, Divya Dutta was no part of its projection and promotion at the Festival.
Said a source, "The director of Gudiya, Prabhakhar Shukla was in a hurry to screen the film at the festival. Post-production still needed to be done. But Prabhakar felt visibility at a posh festival like Osian was important for a topical subject like Gudiya. He was right in his own way."
But the leading lady disagreed. She apparently felt an unfinished film was not what audiences should see.
Divya Dutta whom her director Rituparno Ghosh refers to as an "exquisite actress" has been in Delhi attending the Osian Film Festival as a co-hostess along with Manisha Koirala and Gul Panag. But she was no part of any if the events related to the film.
Evading the issue Divya says, "I had myself a ball at the Osian film festival. It has become a lovely rallying point for like-minded cineastes. And the focus is on international and Indian cinema. So we get a nice mix. I was there as a hostess along with Manisha Koirala and Gul Panag who are such lovely persons. We three girls had ourselves a ball."
As for Gudiya, "At the end of the day it is my film. And I'm very proud of it," said Divya.