TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
Sippy, a scion of rich Sindhi family, started his career selling carpets and then moved on to the construction industry when the Bollywood bug bit him. His Bollywood career flagged off with the film Sazaa in 1951 and then he followed it up with popular films like Brahmachari, Andaz and Seeta aur Geeta.
However, G.P.Sippy is best remembered for producing one of the biggest blockbusters of Hindi cinema – the magnum-opus-Sholay, directed by his son Ramesh Sippy, which released in 1975 and went on to break many records thereafter.
His other noticeable films include Saagar, Aatish, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Zamaana Deewana with his last film being Hamesha starring Saif Ali Khan and Kajol.
The prominent filmmaker was also the chairperson of the Film and Television Producers" Guild of India (FTPGI) on four occasions from the 70"s to the 90"s.