TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Subhash Ghai's Mukta Arts has announced an open offer of Rs. 1 crore to a screenwriter who can bring forth a complete, bound script and, on the first hearing by the Mukta Arts selection committee, is acquired by them.
"If we say we are perpetually on the lookout for good scripts, why can't we put our money where our mouth is and pay 1 crore for a brilliant script -- which, according to me, is a fair price, especially when we are going to spend 25 to 50 crores to produce the film," Ghai states.
The Showman adds in the same breath, "Screenwriting is going to be the highest paid profession in the near future. Now is the time for the youth of today to understand the importance of this profession and consider it seriously. The writer is the real creator of media -- be it Films, TV or Animation."