TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Vivek Agnihotri's Goal has made a smashing start in Dubai. This John Abraham-Bipasha Basu-Arshad Warsi-Boman Irani film has taken an excellent opening in the city.
Informs a source from UTV, "First day of GOAL is even better than that of Rang De Basanti. While Rang De Basanti with Aamir Khan in the lead had made 1,60,000 Dirhams on the first day, GOAL is 25% ahead. Its first day reads 2,00,000 Dirhams."
The source further adds, "Goal is now second biggest after Shahrukh Khan's Don. We are thrilled with the way the film has opened. The word of mouth is quite good and we can already see the film hitting bull's eye."
Closer home, the film has taken a flying start all over. As per first show figures gathered for INOX multiplex chain across the country, Goal has opened to a 100% response in Baroda&Indore, 80% at Pune and Nagpur and 60% at Kolkata, Raipur, Lucknow and Bangalore.
Taking into consideration the fact that UTV has already recovered its 16 crore budget into the film before the release itself, such heartening collections across globe are only going to prolong the celebrations for the production house and director Agnihotri.