TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Vivek Agnihotri's Goal has made a smashing start in Dubai. This John Abraham-Bipasha Basu-Arshad Warsi-Boman Irani film has taken an excellent opening in the city.
Informs a source from UTV, "First day of GOAL is even better than that of Rang De Basanti. While Rang De Basanti with Aamir Khan in the lead had made 1,60,000 Dirhams on the first day, GOAL is 25% ahead. Its first day reads 2,00,000 Dirhams."
The source further adds, "Goal is now second biggest after Shahrukh Khan's Don. We are thrilled with the way the film has opened. The word of mouth is quite good and we can already see the film hitting bull's eye."
Closer home, the film has taken a flying start all over. As per first show figures gathered for INOX multiplex chain across the country, Goal has opened to a 100% response in Baroda&Indore, 80% at Pune and Nagpur and 60% at Kolkata, Raipur, Lucknow and Bangalore.
Taking into consideration the fact that UTV has already recovered its 16 crore budget into the film before the release itself, such heartening collections across globe are only going to prolong the celebrations for the production house and director Agnihotri.