TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Thursday, February 15, 2007
The Bend It Like Beckham director Gurinder Chadha is expecting twins. The 46 year old director is pregnant for the first time and well, both she and her husband Paul Berges are excited about it. Gurinder is currently working on the script of the 1980's series Dallas but due to pregnancy, she has taken a break. Gurinder informs that she is four and a half months pregnant and hence, she had to take a break from Dallas. Gurinder and Paul have been married for 10 years and therefore they are very eager for the twins who are due this July. She jokingly adds that if she has a boy and a girl, she will call them Ash and Abhishek.
In addition to this, Gurinder Chadha was also awarded the Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) on Tuesday, Feb 13. It was a great honour she says as she was awarded by Queen Elizabeth herself. Gurinder's entire family was present for the occasion.
Gurinder Chadha's film Bend It Like Beckham which was story about an Indian girl in London trying to pursue a career in football was appreciated world over. The film got her international recognition. She then casted Aishwarya Rai in her next film Bride and Prejudice which came out in 2004.
Writers group flays state govt inaction on Parzania
Mass demands screening of Parzania