TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Monday, July 02, 2007
Producer Uru Patel is taking Hanuman to modern times. The shooting apparently begins in the first week of November in Morocco.
Choosing to keep it under wraps Patel is clearly not taking his film to India for shooting nor is he looking at an Indian release.
Says a source, "After the way he burnt his fingers with Kaante Patel won't hobnob with Bollywood. Hanuman is his deceased brother Raju's dreams that Uru has decided to carry forward and complete. It isn't going to please the saffron brigade one bit. But Patel's Hanuman is set in modern-day US."
Says a source, "It's not set in ancient times. And it's not an Indian movie. Even the names of the original characters are being altered according to contemporary requirements." It remains to be seen how the Hindu fundamentalists react to Patel's creative maneuvers.