TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Tuesday, 27, November, 2007
What's the common factor between I See You, Shikhar and Dil Maange More? First and foremost, each of these films came on the last Friday of the past three years; 29th Dec 2006, 30th Dec 2005 and 31st Dec 2004 respectively. Secondly, each of the three films was a box office failure.
While number of theories has floated around the poor collections of these three films, the one that is most commonly discussed is around the release timing. Trade pundits and soothsayers have maintained that last Friday of the year is not just the good time for a film to arrive. Reason being that audience chooses to stay away from visiting theaters and instead choose to be friends and enjoy the New Year revelry.
A convincing point? Hardly at all. After all if a film is good, it still does fetch an audience. Bhagam Bhag was released on 22nd December last year and turned out to be one of the biggest hits of the year even as it made quite an impression even into January 2007.
Probably taking a cue from the fact a good product works regardless of its release time, PPC has now scheduled the release of Hanuman Returns for 28th December. Earlier the film was planned for 21st December release but due to other children's film coming on the same day, the film would now be arriving a week later.
Directed by Anurag Kashyap, the film is looking good at the moment and promises to be a wholesome entertainer not just for the kids but even the grown ups who accompany them. All set to break the year end Friday jinx, this animation film would be seeing a mega release all over.