TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Monday, February 26, 2007
In an innovative move to promote their film, UTV decided to conduct a cricket match between the cast of its upcoming film Hattrick and FedEx, which has a promotional tie up with the film.
February 25 was an eventful day at the famous Khar Gymkhana stadium, where the match was held. From the starcast of the film, Nana Patekar, Kunal Kapoor, and Rimii Sen were present at the event. The opening saw a hoard of cheerleaders strutting their stuff on the field. Flanked by Syed Kirmani and the star cast, Mini Mathur was compeering the event, and famed commentator Gautam Bhimani was doing what he does best. Before the match commenced, the trailer of Hattrick was screened on the field. This was followed by a run-up of songs from the Hattrick album.
Nana Patekar, who is a huge cricket fan himself, was the opening batsman of the match. FedEx was the fielding team. Nana's son Malhar Patekar, who is all set to make his directorial debut, was all present to cheer his dad. Later on, Kunal Kapoor also came in as the batsman. He started the game with a warm-up on field as onlookers were wowed by his very presence.
Hattrick, directed by Milan Luthria, also stars Paresh Rawal and Danny Denzongpa. It is slated for a March 16 release.
Ekta's Basanti vs Ram Gopal Verma's
John Abraham: The Next Salman Khan