TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Friday, October 12, 2007
Himesh is all set to do his own Raja Hindustani. Remember Aamir Khan as the street-smart ignoramus who falls for the sophisticated Miss from the upper crust? Himesh Reshammiya's "intense love story" to be directed by John Mathan will be a socialistic plea. He would play a guy from the streets who falls for a very rich girl.
So did Himesh come to John in a package deal from the producers T Series? "Not at all," says the reclusive director. "I chose Himesh because he suited the role to perfection. In fact, we had a choice of several production companies. But we went to T Series. So we were under no pressure to sign Himesh." The yet-untitled film would be John's first love story. "Of course there were love tracks in Sarfarosh and Shikhar. But both were basically about the erosion of idealism in our society. The focus in my new film will be on just the two protagonists."
The film will feature a completely new face opposite Himesh. "We've auditioned several new faces and have finally zeroed- in on three girls. A final decision will be taken in a couple of days." Pausing to ponder John says, "I wonder how the details of the film were leaked out. I wanted it to be under wraps until we had finalized everything. So, far only Himesh as the leading man and the music composer has been decided.