TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Monday, March 05, 2007
Seems like Bollywood actors are making a beeline for Hollywood, with big banners coming in, it's hard to resist the temptation of being a Hollywood star.
Bill Bannerman, Clint Eastwood's assistant director is all set for a trip to India in search for an Indian actress to play a part in his upcoming project called Unveiled.
The film is about a Muslim woman who has two husbands and a lover. It's a twisted film noir/ sexy thriller/dark drama - And the first Hollywood film to feature a female Muslim protagonist. According to him, "Behind the dark burkha, there lies a sexy, manipulative victim, who's dangerous as well as in grave danger"
Bill is looking at all possibilities for the lead role and wants someone from South Asia or the Middle East who'll understand the character of a Muslim woman from the Middle East and lend a degree of authenticity in terms of accent, body language, knowledge of customs, etc. Interestingly, two of Hollywood's big actress Hillary Swank and Penelope Cruz have also shown interest in the project. Seems like our Bollywood actress tough competition to look out for.
If remembered, Clint Eastwood's entire cast of the Oscar nominated Letters From Iwo Jima was from Japan and Babel has actors from Morocco, Mexico, Japan playing characters from that region, and this signals the acceptance of actors from different ethnic groups and countries in mainstream Hollywood.
Ashutosh Gowarikar relieved by court
Nishabd to be banned">UP Congress wants Nishabd to be banned