TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Monday, November 05, 2007
Jab We Met is a hit and its director Imtiaz Ali who has now hit the bull's eye after a critically acclaimed but commercially failed Socha Na Tha.
"But neither Jab We Met nor Socha Na Tha was made keeping commercials in mind! There was never the case of me thinking that my film should be making an X amount of money at the box office", says Imtiaz. "What always held paramount importance was to make a good film from my heart. I had to do an honest job and that seems to have now paid off well with Jab We Met."
He must have started getting feelers about Jab We Met being a potential success at some point of time. "Though during the film's making I was concentrating on just doing a good job, I started getting convinced around two months back once the promos came on air and good feedback started rushing in. I am happy that people have loved the film beyond the promos too and giving it a repeat watch already", says Imtiaz sounding balanced and composed as always.