- Sanjay Leela Bhansali Confirms That No Gangster Drama Is Happening With Priyanka Chopra!
- Ranbir Kapoor Went BANKRUPT After Jagga Jasoos's Failure; Reveals How Bhansali Almost BROKE His Back
- Did Sanjay Leela Bhansali Drop The Idea Of Working With Salman Khan? We're As Confused As You Are!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali DYING To Cast Salman Khan In His Next Film? The Director Drops MAJOR HINTS
- BREAKING! Salman Khan To Star In A Sanjay Leela Bhansali Film?
- Not Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra Was Supposed To Play The Female Lead In Ram Leela?
By: Abid Glamsham
Wednesday, 28, November, 2007
Strange are the ways that the audience decides to change the fortunes of certain movies. It was not so long ago (November 9) that Shahid Kapoor's Jab We Met was unceremoniously dumped in favour of Sanjay Bhansali's Saawariya. And that, in spite of the fact that Jab We Met was doing exceedingly well.
Initially the decision looked absolutely correct because Saawariya, rising on a publicity blitzkrieg, opened to very good houses, especially at the multiplexes. But it was a short-lived joy, as the collections nosedived from the fourth day itself. Though the first week saw Saawariya netting a healthy 20-crores, exhibitors/distributors removed many of its prints and opted for Jab We Met. And that just after a week.
In one of the biggest turnarounds, Saawariya crashed unbelievably, netting around 3.75 crores in its second week (from India). On the other hand, Jab We Met saw a jump in collections from 2-crores (third) to about 2.60-crores, during the same week (fourth) that Saawariya crashed by over eighty percent.
Well, as they say, audience is God and it has been proved right yet again!