TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Shamed Big Brother star Jade Goody has made a surprise visit to India following the uproar resulting from her row with Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty.
The 25-year-old was tracked down to New Delhi on what she described as a private meeting with "certain people".
Sky News reports the mum-of-two has insisted the trip is personal and is not a publicity stunt, despite suggestions that she is simply trying to rebuild her career by making the trip to Shetty's native country.
The two became embroiled in a highly controversial race row while in the house, with Goody calling the Indian actress "Shilpa Poppadom" and various other insults, all of which were widely condemned by the global media.
But, speaking to a television news channel, Goody explained that her trip to India had nothing to do with her trying to revitalise her career by targeting the country.
She said: "I am here on a strictly private visit. I could have had my entire trip paid for and the people travelling with me could have been paid for but I didn't want that.
"I am paying for the trip and all the expenses myself. I don't want to be seen to be making money out of what happened."
Amitabh-Vinod team again
Bhool Bhulaiya goes on floors!