TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
By: Raymond Ronamai
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Actor Amitabh Bachchan is known for his outspokenness, not his wife Jaya Bachchan. However, the media-shy Jaya Bachchan has spilled the beans this time around. She revealed about her first date with Amitabh at the launch of The Making of Samovar.
"I'm letting out a secret. The first date that my husband took me out for is here (Cafe Samovar). That's all he could afford," revealed Jaya.
Cafe Samovar is a small landmark cafe at Jehangir Art Gallery where artists, playwrights, poets and film folk from Mumbai hangout. The book The Making of Samovar is all about the cafe owner Usha Khanna's experiences. Amitabh Bachchan too couldn't control his emotions at the launching function of the book.
He narrated a poem that was his anthem during his samovar days. "When you are in depression, in struggle, in strife you always want to be in the company of others who are in similar circumstances. And we always found people who were struggling and striving in Samovar," said Bachchan.