TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo — "Working Women Must Be Given The Dignity, Respect & Space They Deserve"
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Friday, November 02, 2007
John Abraham has been plain unlucky that his best performance ever (yes, he is better in No Smoking than in Water) hasn't quite fetched him the dividends as he rightly deserved.
After being panned by most, No Smoking by Anurag Kashyap got hurt further with final nail in the coffin being Jab We Met success. Kashyap would have (rightly) been hoping that since his film belonged to a completely different genre than Jab We Met, it would find its place in the sun too. However, audience seems to entertain itself with the feel-good outing by Imtiaz Ali.
An unconventional screenplay hasn't helped No Smoking either which means that the film would only have a week to salvage itself to some extent before Om Shanti Om and Saawariya arrive. Now that's sheer bad luck for John since his hard work is quite visible in each of the frames.
As a central protagonist on whose shoulders the film rested, he went all out to come up with a spirited act. Hope, his performance gets its due in the long run at least!