TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Kareena Kapoor is hot property after Jab We Met, and she is flooded with offers. The actor took some time and decided that the first movie she would sign after the unexpected hit would be Kambakht Ishq. A very clever move, considering the fact that she is paired opposite none other than Akshay Kumar, with whom she has had a series of hits in the past. Also, the producer is Sajid Nadiadwala, known to deliver hits. The film will be directed by Sabir Khan.
Kareena says, "It is a very unusual love story, and I loved the script, and besides, I always wanted to act in Sajid Nadiadwala's banner. Besides I am looking forward to work with Akshay again – this will be our fifth film together, and we share an excellent chemistry on screen." She has to finish her schedule for 'Tashan', before she can begin shooting for this one.
Nadiadwala is ecstatic, what with his hit Heyy Babyy and this new casting coup of sorts. He apparently looked for a heroine for over three months, and Kareena is said to be choosy about her scripts. How then, did the actor agree to his film? "I don't make action films but women-centric films where the girl's role is pivotal to the story," he smiles, adding, "My director Sabir and I both saw JAB WE MET together and absolutely loved it. Her transition from an extroverted character and a matured character was fantastic. It was a difficult role, and she was exemplary."
Kambakht Ishq is a romantic comedy, and will go on floors in January. "It is an international love story, and will be shot on a huge scale," says Nadiadwala, adding that it will be shot in exotic locales of Los Angeles.
Nadiadwala has already worked with Karishma Kapoor, and had a 100 per cent hit with her two movies, Jeet and Judwaa. Randhir Kapoor has also worked with the banner, and delivered hits like Haath Ki Safai, and Rampur Ka Lakshman.