- Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju Wins 4 Awards At The Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne!
- Alia Bhatt Reacts To Her FALL-OUT With Katrina Kaif & Why Kat STOPPED Liking Her Pics On Instagram!
- Ayan Mukerji Birthday Special: 5 Times He Gave Us Solid Friendship Goals With Ranbir Kapoor
- Rajkumar Hirani On Sanju: If We Had To Whitewash Anyone, We Would Have Made Sanjay Mahatma Gandhi
- Ranbir Kapoor Gives An Example Of Salman Khan As He Talks About Delivering Flop Films Continuously!
- Ranbir Kapoor & Arjun Kapoor To Star In Life In A Metro 2?
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
What the other more senior and anxious Kapoor scions couldn't do, the two Kapoor cousins Kareena and Ranbir have done. They've broken the ice between the warring factions, namely Babita and her two star-daughters on one end, and the rest of the Kapoor clans. In fact, such was the intensity of the animosity between the two sides that the two Kapoor Bahus, Babita and Neetu Singh barely exchanged words in even public places. The scenario changed considerably lately with Kareena openly making appreciative statements about her soon-to-make cousin's debut, going as far as to say Ranbir looked "stunning" in the promos.
Ranbir reciprocated by seeing his “Bebo Didi's" muchtalked-about new film Jab We Met. Ranbir was wowed by Kareena's performance and made no bones about it. The latest move on Kareena's part has further softened the two sides. At the premiere of Saawariya last week, Kareena who walked in with Saif wearing a stunning saree looking every bit the domesticated but nonetheless glamorous diva, insisted on sitting in the same row with the entire Kapoor clan who were huddled together in family solidarity for the star of the evening.
Says an organizer from the premiere, "We had offered to put Kareena and Saif in a different enclave from the rest of the Kapoors who were there in full force to support Ranbir. But Kareena insisted on sitting with the rest of the Kapoors to show support for her cousin."
While Ranbir chose to remain outside the theatre, throughout the screening Kareena and Saif were seen moving across the 'family row" talking amiably to one or the other member of the large RK clan. Says Kareena, "I loved Saawariya . It's awesome. And Ranbir is soooooo good. We Kapoors are here to rock together."
Says Ranbir, "Agreed we stayed in our own individual spaces and did our own thing. But there never was any open enmity among us. Why should there be? We're family. We may not meet every day. But we're all there for one another all the time. I think Lolo Didi and Bebo Didi have made us all proud. I hope I do the same."