TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Is Karisma Kapoor staging a comeback with a Yash Raj film? Or in a film directed by Onir? Or Sunny Deol's Ghayal 2? Rumors are rife that the actress is being considered for a pivotal role in Ghayal 2, directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia. In fact, only two actors -- Sunny and Om Puri -- will be retained from the first part, while several present-day actors will be added to the sequel.
"Yes, the leading lady will have a lot to do in Ghayal 2. It's a strong part. But Karisma hasn't been approached for it. I am surprised at the rumors," Tigmanshu clarifies, "We haven't reached the casting stage yet, so the question of signing any actor at this juncture just doesn't arise."
The talented writer-director says that he's extra cautious while writing the script of Ghayal 2. "You can't mess with a film like Ghayal. I don't want to make mistakes and repent later. I have just completed the first draft of the script, but Sunny is yet to go through the narration. We may improvise, if need be," Tigmanshu divulges. He is looking at starting the film some time in April/May, "but it all depends on Sunny's schedules," he adds.
Meanwhile, Tigmanshu is also working on a thriller, titled Shagird. Hussain Shaikh [Exec. Producer of Bluffmaster!] and Aasif Sheikh [Exec. Producer of Aashiq Banaya Aapne and Dil Diya Hai] will jointly produce the film, which is expected to star Nana Patekar in the film. "We are also looking at a young hero to play Nana's shagird," Tigmanshu states. This project is expected to roll in August, after Ghayal 2 takes off.