TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Satish Kaushik's Karz will be very different from Subhash Ghai's original. What will remain are three of Laxmikant-Pyarelal's songs namely 'Dard-e-Dil", 'Om Shanti Om" and the theme song 'Ek Haseena Thi". This gives Himesh who sees himself as L-P's inheritor, a chance to pay homage to his raga-models.
'Dard-e-dil" is, in fact, one of Himesh's all-time favourite songs. Himesh insisted on having it in Karz. "But even the adapted songs will be interpreted in a new way. They'll be sung and re-designed by Himesh. And just as in the original, the theme Ek Hasina Thi will be used in the background throughout my film", Satish informs.
The fate of Ram Gopal Varma's Sholay notwithstanding, the extended spell of remakes continues. Satish Kaushik is half-way through the scripting of the remake of Subhash Ghai's Karz. But here's the catch.
"My remake will be very different from Subhash Ghai's film. It's of course being done with Himesh Reshammiya's personality in mind. I've the highest regards for Himesh as a musician. My Karz will highlight the protagonist's role as the rock star. I don't want to focus that much on the reincarnation theme. I've done many remakes earlier. Does my Tere Naam look anything like the original Telugu film?" states Satish Kaushik.