TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Satish Kaushik's Karz will be very different from Subhash Ghai's original. What will remain are three of Laxmikant-Pyarelal's songs namely 'Dard-e-Dil", 'Om Shanti Om" and the theme song 'Ek Haseena Thi". This gives Himesh who sees himself as L-P's inheritor, a chance to pay homage to his raga-models.
'Dard-e-dil" is, in fact, one of Himesh's all-time favourite songs. Himesh insisted on having it in Karz. "But even the adapted songs will be interpreted in a new way. They'll be sung and re-designed by Himesh. And just as in the original, the theme Ek Hasina Thi will be used in the background throughout my film", Satish informs.
The fate of Ram Gopal Varma's Sholay notwithstanding, the extended spell of remakes continues. Satish Kaushik is half-way through the scripting of the remake of Subhash Ghai's Karz. But here's the catch.
"My remake will be very different from Subhash Ghai's film. It's of course being done with Himesh Reshammiya's personality in mind. I've the highest regards for Himesh as a musician. My Karz will highlight the protagonist's role as the rock star. I don't want to focus that much on the reincarnation theme. I've done many remakes earlier. Does my Tere Naam look anything like the original Telugu film?" states Satish Kaushik.