TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
At least on a few occasions you must have felt trapped in the theatre watching boring never-ending sagas. How fervently you had then wished that films were shorter and yet refreshing. For all such film buffs "Konfession" is sure to be a welcome break.
Slated as the shortest commercial film in the industry, spanning 19 minutes and 29 seconds, "Konfession" explores the belief that one must confess on committing a sin in order to gain peace of mind. Most major religions have prescribed some or the other way to confess and repent. Hindus bathe in the holy Ganges, Muslims visit the Haj, Sikhs follow the Gurugranth Sahibji, while Christians confess in the church.
The film has been produced, directed and its story penned by Raajeysh Mallik, a graduate in film-making and direction from Mumbai University . Raajeysh started off his career as a model and even did fashion choreography before shifting to film-making in 2003 with short film "16 Gayatri Mansion". Although the film met with lukewarm response, it roused Raajeysh's dream of continuing in the line. "I remember a conversation test in school when the teacher asked me what my ambition was. And I had said I wanted to make films," recalled Raajeysh.
Superstitious that he is, Raajeysh changed the spelling of his name from Rajesh. On the suggestion of Sanjay Jumani Raajeysh has also changed the film's spelling from "Confession" to "Konfession". The star cast of the film consists of Manish Verma, Suhas Khandikar, Bharti Shah and Prakash Bhatnagar.
Now, it's time to wait and watch how lucky Raajeysh is when the box-office results come out.