TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Friday, January 05, 2007
Laying completely to rest the ricocheting rumours of Ranvir Shorey's rift with Konkona Sen Sharma, the two will be seen together in cinematographer Anil Mehta's directorial debut which is designed as Madhuri Dixit's comeback film.
"Madhuri has a dream role," says a member of the film's crew. "It's her story all the way. All the other actors are important but supportive. Madhuri plays a theatre actress. It's her character's 10-year old journey that forms the film's crux."
Though she had played a member of a dance troupe in Yashraj Films' Dil To Pagal Hai Madhuri has never played a role of a theatre actress before. In fact Anil Mehta's film would be the first since Gulzar's unreleased Libaas to be set in the theatre world.
Ranvir Shorey and Konkona will play a part of Madhuri's theatre group, while Anupam Kher has been penciled in to play Madhuri's mentor. Apparently Kunal Kapoor has also been approached to play a role.
The story, an absolute original, has nothing to do with the Suasan Sarandon-Julia Roberts tear-jerker Stepmom. Rumours of Mehta's movie being traceable to the Hollywood film have been making the rounds.
"But there's no truth to it. Madhuri won't do a Hollywood remake at this stage of her career," says the source.
Arshad teams up with Ajay again
Risk shifted ahead by one week