TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is How Rahul Gandhi Reacted When Asked About The Farm Loans Waiver
- IPL Auction 2019 — Live Updates
- Lambretta Scooter India-Launch Details Out — To Be Fully Electric, Yet Classy
- NDCP To Offer 4 Million Jobs To Indians In Telecom Sector — Manoj Sinha
- Rupee Moves Higher As Dollar Weakens Before Fed Outcome On Dec 19
- Deepika Opens Up About Ranbir Skipping Her Wedding Reception
- Jalandhar: The City Of Rich Cultural Heritage
- Mum Shares Heartbreaking Pictures Of Baby After Dog Attack
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Friday, January 05, 2007
Laying completely to rest the ricocheting rumours of Ranvir Shorey's rift with Konkona Sen Sharma, the two will be seen together in cinematographer Anil Mehta's directorial debut which is designed as Madhuri Dixit's comeback film.
"Madhuri has a dream role," says a member of the film's crew. "It's her story all the way. All the other actors are important but supportive. Madhuri plays a theatre actress. It's her character's 10-year old journey that forms the film's crux."
Though she had played a member of a dance troupe in Yashraj Films' Dil To Pagal Hai Madhuri has never played a role of a theatre actress before. In fact Anil Mehta's film would be the first since Gulzar's unreleased Libaas to be set in the theatre world.
Ranvir Shorey and Konkona will play a part of Madhuri's theatre group, while Anupam Kher has been penciled in to play Madhuri's mentor. Apparently Kunal Kapoor has also been approached to play a role.
The story, an absolute original, has nothing to do with the Suasan Sarandon-Julia Roberts tear-jerker Stepmom. Rumours of Mehta's movie being traceable to the Hollywood film have been making the rounds.
"But there's no truth to it. Madhuri won't do a Hollywood remake at this stage of her career," says the source.
Arshad teams up with Ajay again
Risk shifted ahead by one week