TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
By: Raymond Ronamai
Friday, October 12, 2007
They say sex sells. It does but you get into trouble if you cross the line. Bollywood sex siren Mallika Sherawat seems to have crossed the line this time around. Vadodara first class judicial magistrate P M Atodaria has summoned the actress to appear before the court in person on November 3, in connection with the obscene dance performance on the eve of New Year on December 31, 2006.
President of Baroda Bar Association (BBA) Narendra Tiwari had filed a criminal complaint against the actress under section 8 of Immoral Trafficking (Prevention) Act, 1956. He alleged that Mallika's dance performance on New Year eve at J W Marriott Hotel in Mumbai was not only obscene and ugly but also against the Indian culture. Following the complaint, the court had asked the police to investigate the matter.
The police have submitted the recorded statements of Mallika Sherawat and owner of W Mariotte Hotel along with video clippings of the show before the court. It is said that Mallika has admitted to performing at the show. The court can issue a non-bailable warrant against her if she fails to turn up before the court on the summoned date.