TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Nokia 7.1 Plus Will Launch On 16th Of October For Rs 27,000
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- Can Using Hot Tub Cause A Miscarriage?
- From Salman Targeting Karanvir To Eliminating Neha To Save Sree-Reasons Why BB 12 Is UNFAIR & BIASED
- MG Motors India Plans Revealed — Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Entry In 2019
Though she made her debut in Jeena Sirf Merre Liye (2002), Mallika came into prominence with Khwahish (2003). She intelligently graduated and it was Mukesh Bhatt's Murder, where her acting prowess first came into light. Though a few forgettable roles, like Kis Kiss Ki Kismat (2004) with Garam Dharam, and Bachke Reha Re Baba (2005) failed to succeed at the ticket window, Mallika left her mark there too. It was obvious that she had arrived!
However it was with Ghai's Shaadi Se Pehle (2006) and Pritish Nandy's Rahul Bose starrer, Pyar Ke Side effects (2006) that she really hit big time with her perfect comic timing and charmed the elite audience. She consolidated her position further with her 'Maiyya Maiyya' act, in the year's first hit, Mani Ratnam's Guru. And followed it up with another lovely performance in Himesh Reshammiya's big hit, . Two impressive cameos indeed!
To cut a long story short, the Mallika Sherawat's success story continues with the Anees Bazmee directed, Welcome, where she is essaying another important cameo. Despite the presence of big stars like, Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor and Feroze Khan, Mallika manages to stand out. One cannot but notice her being wooed in style by dignified, veterans like Nana Patekar and Anil Kapoor, and she matches them step for step. And from the response to the promos, we are sure that Mallika has another ace up her sleeve.
Here's hoping that Mallika's steady ascent continues.