TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — 10000 Response Teams On Standby
- IPL Auction 2019 — All You Need To Know
- Tax Filing Increased Most By Taxpayers Declaring Income Between Rs 5-10 Lakh
- This 13-Year-Old Indian Boy Owns A Software Company In Dubai
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Ford Figo ‘Blu’ Facelift Spy Pics Out — The New Ford Figo CNG Variant For 2019?
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- Ranveer Singh And Adah Sharma's Bollywood-inspired Outfits Are Perfect For Movie Buffs
Though she made her debut in Jeena Sirf Merre Liye (2002), Mallika came into prominence with Khwahish (2003). She intelligently graduated and it was Mukesh Bhatt's Murder, where her acting prowess first came into light. Though a few forgettable roles, like Kis Kiss Ki Kismat (2004) with Garam Dharam, and Bachke Reha Re Baba (2005) failed to succeed at the ticket window, Mallika left her mark there too. It was obvious that she had arrived!
However it was with Ghai's Shaadi Se Pehle (2006) and Pritish Nandy's Rahul Bose starrer, Pyar Ke Side effects (2006) that she really hit big time with her perfect comic timing and charmed the elite audience. She consolidated her position further with her 'Maiyya Maiyya' act, in the year's first hit, Mani Ratnam's Guru. And followed it up with another lovely performance in Himesh Reshammiya's big hit, . Two impressive cameos indeed!
To cut a long story short, the Mallika Sherawat's success story continues with the Anees Bazmee directed, Welcome, where she is essaying another important cameo. Despite the presence of big stars like, Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor and Feroze Khan, Mallika manages to stand out. One cannot but notice her being wooed in style by dignified, veterans like Nana Patekar and Anil Kapoor, and she matches them step for step. And from the response to the promos, we are sure that Mallika has another ace up her sleeve.
Here's hoping that Mallika's steady ascent continues.