- Film Writer Ravi Shankar Alok Dies After Jumping Off Mumbai Building, He Was Just 32
- This Photo Of Rajinikanth With Kaala Co-Stars Nana Patekar And Pankaj Tripathi Is Golden
- Kaala: 5 Biggest Takeaways From The Trailer Of Rajinikanth's Gangster-Drama
- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
- Nana Patekar Condemns Threats To Bhansali, Deepika
- Kapil Sharma Played Nana Patekar’s Servant In A Film; Was Seen In A Cameo In Punjabi Music Video!
Though she made her debut in Jeena Sirf Merre Liye (2002), Mallika came into prominence with Khwahish (2003). She intelligently graduated and it was Mukesh Bhatt's Murder, where her acting prowess first came into light. Though a few forgettable roles, like Kis Kiss Ki Kismat (2004) with Garam Dharam, and Bachke Reha Re Baba (2005) failed to succeed at the ticket window, Mallika left her mark there too. It was obvious that she had arrived!
However it was with Ghai's Shaadi Se Pehle (2006) and Pritish Nandy's Rahul Bose starrer, Pyar Ke Side effects (2006) that she really hit big time with her perfect comic timing and charmed the elite audience. She consolidated her position further with her 'Maiyya Maiyya' act, in the year's first hit, Mani Ratnam's Guru. And followed it up with another lovely performance in Himesh Reshammiya's big hit, . Two impressive cameos indeed!
To cut a long story short, the Mallika Sherawat's success story continues with the Anees Bazmee directed, Welcome, where she is essaying another important cameo. Despite the presence of big stars like, Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor and Feroze Khan, Mallika manages to stand out. One cannot but notice her being wooed in style by dignified, veterans like Nana Patekar and Anil Kapoor, and she matches them step for step. And from the response to the promos, we are sure that Mallika has another ace up her sleeve.
Here's hoping that Mallika's steady ascent continues.