TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Manorama Six Feet Under | Director Navdeep Singh | Best Film AwardCourtesy: Glamsham
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Shemaroo Entertainment's - Manorama Six Feet Under - directed by Navdeep Singh has won the Best Film Award at 'The Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council Film Festival' [MIAAC] held at New York from 07 November 2007 to 11 November 2007.
The MIAAC Film Festival had six award categories for this year's festival which included - Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Documentary and Best Short. The nominees for these categories were selected by distinguished jurors.
The other nominees for the Best Film Category included Arindam Nandy's Via Darjeeling, Pan Nalin's Valley Of Flowers and Shivajee Chandrabhushan's Frozen.
Navdeep Singh - director of Manorama Six Feet Under - shares his thoughts, "This award certainly means a lot and both Ketan and me feel like on top of the world. There is a deep sense of satisfaction to know that your piece of art is recognized by prestigious International Festivals'. Adds Ketan Maru - Producer of Manorama Six Feet Under - "Awards like these are definitely encouraging to directors and production houses."
The Indo-American Arts Council (IAAC) is a not-for-profit arts organization dedicated to promoting, showcasing and building an awareness of Indian artists in the performing, literary, visual, and folk arts. Its focus is to help artists and art organizations in North America as well as to facilitate artists from India to exhibit, perform and produce their work here.