TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Friday, March 30, 2007
Veteran filmmaker, Late Mehboob Khan will be immortalized by the Indian Postal Department. The IPD has decided to release a stamp in honor of his work and his contribution in Indian Cinema. The stamp will be released on 30 March, 2007 in Mumbai.
He was a founder member of the Film&Television Producers Guild of India and being a president he had contributed in development of the Guild from 1958 to 1963. Khan has directed many blockbuster films the most notable being Andaz, Aan and the Oscar nominated Mother India.
Other Guild members like Dr V. Shantaram, Bimal Roy and L V Prasad were also honored by the Indian Postal Department in the same way.