- 17 Years Of Dil Chahta Hai: The Iconic Movie Remains Young & Ageless!
- Farhan Akhtar To Share Stage With International Artists At The Ranthambore Festival!
- Akshaye Khanna To Host A Special Screening Of Ittefaq For His 'Dil Chahta Hai' Co-Star Aamir Khan!
- Mollywood Retake: What If Dil Chahta Hai Is Remade In Malayalam?
- Alia Bhatt's Dream To Star In Dil Chahta Hai 'Girl Version' Might Come True!
- Alia Bhatt & Parineeti Chopra Not A Part Of Farah Khan’s Chick Flick?
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Monday, October 29, 2007
Vikram Bhatt produced and Manoj Tyagi directed Mumbai Salsa has turned out to be a surprise release of the week.
It started off on a not so positive note though. First and foremost not many were aware what the film was all about. Secondly, with newcomers forming the huge cast of the film, there wasn't much face value to be relied upon.
To everyone's pleasant surprise, Mumbai Salsa has turned out to be a delightful outing for those who have checked it out amidst the rest of competition at the multiplex screens.
An out and out urban flick about richie rich corporate executives who live and love life together, it has come out as a cross between Jhankaar Beats, Life In A..Metro, Dil Chahta Hai and a lot of popular TV Series FRIENDS.
While all eyes were set on Jab We Met as the preferred film of the week and there were few who wanted to check out what Anurag Kashyap has in the offering with No Smoking, there wasn't much going in favor of Mumbai Salsa. This effected the film's opening too but reports around the film are positive which should work in its favor.
There are no new releases next week which gives Mumbai Salsa a two week window to gain from word of mouth and find an audience. Says Vikram Bhatt, "I am aware about the low numbers on Friday but that's hardly surprising. It is a film which falls under the word of mouth category and I am sure that it will work in the film's favour. It is a naughty film and would surely be appreciated by its target audience.?