TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Monday, October 01, 2007
If you thought that September was the only month when Bollywood went berserk with a number of film releases like Darling, Dhamaal, Aggar, Nanhe Jaisalmer, Manorama, Dhol, Lions of Punjab Presents, Johnny Gaddaar and Dil Dosti then be assured that this was not the last you saw of multiple releases in a single week.
Beginning of October itself sees as many as four films vying for screen space before Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Laaga Chunari Mein Daag arrive on 12th October. Because prior to these two biggies, relatively smaller films like Go, Chhodon Naa Yaar, Its Breaking News and 50 LAKH would also be arriving together.
What's common between each of these four films is that these are all delayed projects (to varied degrees) and are finally getting to see the light of the day.
In terms of production values and banner reputation, Go holds the edge since it comes from the house of Ram Gopal Varma. A launch pad of newcomer Gautam, the film stars Nisha Kothari as his love interest. The film is a 'masala' love story cum actioner and also stars Kay Kay Menon along with Rajpal Yadav and Sherveer Vakil.
Chhodon Naa Yaar was earlier supposed to release last month but its release date was pushed forward at the last moment. With Jimmy Shergill and to an extent Kim Sharma as the only known names in this small film, Chhodon Naa Yaar is about an action adventure in a jungle gone wrong.
Its Breaking News has been ready for more than a year but is finally coming to screens. With Koel Poorie as the central protagonist, the film is based on one of the hot topics in the world of journalism - Sting Operation.
Lastly arrives 50 LAKH with virtually zilch publicity. Presented by Percept Picture Company, the film is touted as a thriller and has Pawan Malhotra as the only recognizable actor in this film comprising of youngsters. Directed by Chandrasekhar Yeleti, the film sees a sudden release without making any news in the days preceding its arrival.