TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- West Indies Coach Stuart Law Suspended For Two ODIs Against India
- BNP Recruitment 2018 For 86 Vacancies
By: Sunil Noronha
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Shahrukh Khan couldn"t ask more. His career is on a steady rise and he is the reigning Baadshah of Bollywood. He is launching his biggest home production yet, Om Shanti Om, and it is creating ripples in the industry even before its release. He has a six-pack that is the envy of his colleagues. And he is undoubtedly one for the highest bidder in Bollywood. Now he can add to his list, selling a film"s rights for the most expensive price ever.
The pre-release income of Om Shanti Om is estimated at 50 crore. Contributing to this figure is the hefty price of 23 crore that has been paid for the rights of the film by Eros International, Then there is the 8 crore price for the rights of the music. Trade sources say that the reason for the high price of the film is because the film is a flashback film about reincarnation – something that catches the fancy of any Indian film fan. And the mere fact that SRK is there in the film it self gives the price of the film a huge push.