- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- Shahrukh Khan, Rekha, SLB, Manish Malhotra & Others Attend Manisha Koirala's Birthday Bash! Pictures
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Demise: Shahrukh Khan Reminisces How He Used To Discuss Ailing Knees With Him
- When Atal Bihari Vajpayee Teamed Up With Shahrukh Khan & Yash Chopra For A Music Video
- RIP Atal Bihari Vajpayee: When Aishwarya Rai, SRK, Big B & Others Shared The Stage With The Leader
- Dhoom 4: Post Salman Khan's Exit, Will Shahrukh Khan Or Ranbir Kapoor Step Into His Shoes?
By: Joginder Tuteja, IndiaFM
Thursday, October 04, 2007
In quick time 'Dard-e-Disco' from Om Shanti Om has become a track that has been much appreciated, much debated and much danced to!
While the makers have been closely following the popularity of the song since it was heard first around a month back, they have also come up with a unique idea of involving those very people who have made the song a chartbuster it is today.
Going by Shahrukh Khan's 'mantra' of “You have heard the track, now you decide the moves", CNN-IBN, leading English news channel, has unveiled a novel talent hunt that is fun, interactive and one that offers the contestants a dream meeting with their favorite stars.
Titled 'Dard-e-Disco Dance Challenge', this mega talent hunt, in collaboration with Farah Khan directed Om Shanti Om has been launched on its website www.ibnlive.com. The contest would require a contestant to log on to the site and download the 'Dard-e-Disco' soundtrack. Thereafter he/she is required to shoot a video of self dancing to the song and upload it on the website.
States Farah Khan, "I am sure there would be quite a lot of fun in the offering once a common man on the street starts dancing to the beats of 'Dard-e-Disco'. We want every 'bhelpoori wallah' and 'rickshaw wallah' to get grooving to the beat."
Since every man on the street may not really be internet savvy, at their end CNN-IBN would have their Youth Icon Paras Tomar tour different cities for five consecutive weeks and shoot 'Dard-e-Disco' dancers. Paras' itinerary in these cities has been listed down on the website.
So is this not going to be one of those true-blue-professionals at work? "It has to be as whacky as possible. I am expecting people out there to really go mad. Madder the dance steps, more is going to be the fun," quips Farah.
Jury members Farah Khan, Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Padukone will watch the entries and shortlist contestants in four phases. Short listed entries will be hosted on the website and viewers will rate the videos. Every week five short listed videos will also be aired on CNN-IBN and viewers will vote through SMS.
In the end, five top contestants will be short listed and flown to Mumbai for the Grand Finale. Five lucky winners will get a chance to train with Farah Khan"s dancers.