TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
By: Abid, Glamsham
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
It is by now well known that Farah Khan's Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Arjun Rampal starrer, Om Shanti Om, is about reincarnation. The theme has already been used successfully in movies like, Neel Kamal, Karz and Karan Arjun to name a few. Though it will be a crime if one fails to mention the mother of this genre, late Bimal Roy's 1958 classic, Madhumati, starring Dilip Kumar and Vyajanthimala.
Coming back to Om Shanti Om, the director of the Diwali extravaganza, Farah Khan has openly talked about the reincarnation angle from day one, but rubbishes rumours of it being a rehashed version of Subhash Ghai's Karz. The lady also adds that Om Shanti Om is a fun-filled, feel good cinema and a pure entertainer; hence there is little or no emphasis on the dark aspects.
This should set the record straight, once and for all!