TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
By: Abid, Glamsham
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
It is by now well known that Farah Khan's Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Arjun Rampal starrer, Om Shanti Om, is about reincarnation. The theme has already been used successfully in movies like, Neel Kamal, Karz and Karan Arjun to name a few. Though it will be a crime if one fails to mention the mother of this genre, late Bimal Roy's 1958 classic, Madhumati, starring Dilip Kumar and Vyajanthimala.
Coming back to Om Shanti Om, the director of the Diwali extravaganza, Farah Khan has openly talked about the reincarnation angle from day one, but rubbishes rumours of it being a rehashed version of Subhash Ghai's Karz. The lady also adds that Om Shanti Om is a fun-filled, feel good cinema and a pure entertainer; hence there is little or no emphasis on the dark aspects.
This should set the record straight, once and for all!