TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Abid, Glamsham
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Not only is Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om ruling the domestic box-office scene, it is also doing record breaking business in the Overseas.
As per the first weekend numbers, the Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Shreyas Talpade and Arjun Rampal starrer has grossed an unbelievable $1,764,131 in 3-days from the US. In doing so, Om Shanti Om has smashed the previous weekend record, for a Hindi movie in the US. What is coincidental is that the record of $1,351,786 was previously held by another Shahrukh Khan starrer, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006). It will be interesting to see if Om Shanti Om can break the highest US grosser record of $3,129,779, also held by Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna.
Om Shanti Om is also expected to break the current year record of $2,096,000, set by the Mani Ratnam's Abhishek, Aishwarya starrer, Guru. And that in less a week!
Coming to the performance of the other 'Diwali' release, Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya, the movie has also performed very well. During the first weekend, the Ranbir-Sonam starrer has grossed a healthy $542,192 from the US.