TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
By: Abid, Glamsham
Monday, November 19, 2007
The first week results of the 'Diwali' battle are out, and it is game, set and match to Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om. During its astonishing seven day record-breaking run in India, the Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Shreyas Talpade and Arjun Rampal starrer netted over 40-crores.
Om Shanti Om has broken many individual records, including that for Bombay. In the process, Om Shanti Om has set a new first week record in India, surpassing the 35-crores netted by the Hrithik, Aishwarya and Abhishek starrer, the 2006 blockbuster Dhoom:2 ( in its first week).
While on the other 'Diwali' release, Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ranbir, Sonam, Salman (special appearance) and Rani starrer, Saawariya, the movie also performed creditably, netting around 20-crores, thanks to its good weekend run.