TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Abid, Glamsham
Monday, October 01, 2007
2007 will soon move into its tenth month, October, but the picture as far as box-office success goes, is not as bright as it was last year. While it is true that the year started on a very bright note with the good success of Mani Ratnam's Abhishek-Aishwarya starrer Guru, the picture was not so rosy after that. There were a few other hits like Namastey London, Shootout At Lokhandwala, Aap Kaa Surroor, Bheja Fry etc., but it was not until July that a real blockbuster arrived in the shape of Partner.
Coming back to our headlines, as of today, there are only three movies that have netted 50 crores or more at the Indian box-office this year. In pole position is Partner with 62 crores, followed by Chak De India (still running and completes 50-days) netting more than 58 crores and Heyy Babyy (still running) that crossed 50 crores last week.
With quite a few biggies like Laaga Chunari Mein Daag, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Om Shanti Om, Saawariya, Wanted and Taare Zameen Par still to release, we sincerely hope that Bollywood has more reasons to smile, than it has at present!