TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Fresh from the global success of Rang De Basanti, UTV and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra Productions [ROMP] have joined hands to produce four films with a total outlay of Rs. 280 crores. The gamut of films to be directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra includes 5-K [a trilogy] and Dilli-6, based on Mehra's growing up years in Delhi.
The first-ever for India, a pre-announced and scripted trilogy, Paanch Kaurav [5-K] will be co-written by renowned Hollywood scriptwriter Syd Field along with Rakeysh Mehra. Rakeysh and Rensil D'Silva have already penned the first of series. It is the first time that an Indian film will be co-written by a Hollywood scriptwriter.
UTV and ROMP are also in talks with Hollywood studios like Disney, Fox and Sony for global partnerships on this slate.
First to go on floors in late 2007 will be Dilli-6, based on Rakyesh's growing up years in the vibrant Chandni Chowk area of New Delhi. The first of the trilogy, whose working title is Paanch Kaurav, will go on floors in 2008. The second and third of the trilogy is open with an option to be directed either by Rakeysh Mehra or an Indian/global talent.
Shakira to do an item number in Om Shanti Om?
PM's wife impressed with Provoked