TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Everyone who has seen Rani Mukherjee give a smashing performance as a saucy tart in Saawariya is commenting on the similarities between Rani's and Rakhi Sawant"s speech patterns and body language.
The decision to incorporate elements of Rakhi's personality into the character was taken on the day Rakhi, who's a huge fan of Sanjay Leela Bhansali"s work, was invited on the sets of Saawariya when Rani was shooting.
"That's when Sanjay Leela Bhansali heard Rakhi speak and decided to incorporate her cute and wonky way of speaking the English language into Rani's character," says a source very close to the film.
In fact, Rakhi who saw the 'tribute" at the film's premiere on Wednesday caught on immediately and was quite tickled by the way Rani had adopted Rakhi's speech patterns. Says Rakhi, "I wasn't aware of the similarities. I'm a big Sanjay Leela Bhansali fan and I adore Rani. Yes, he had invited me to the sets. He made me feel very special. When I watched him shoot with Rani I became an even bigger fan of Sanjayji. Even a walk-on part in his film is invaluable."