TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Everyone who has seen Rani Mukherjee give a smashing performance as a saucy tart in Saawariya is commenting on the similarities between Rani's and Rakhi Sawant"s speech patterns and body language.
The decision to incorporate elements of Rakhi's personality into the character was taken on the day Rakhi, who's a huge fan of Sanjay Leela Bhansali"s work, was invited on the sets of Saawariya when Rani was shooting.
"That's when Sanjay Leela Bhansali heard Rakhi speak and decided to incorporate her cute and wonky way of speaking the English language into Rani's character," says a source very close to the film.
In fact, Rakhi who saw the 'tribute" at the film's premiere on Wednesday caught on immediately and was quite tickled by the way Rani had adopted Rakhi's speech patterns. Says Rakhi, "I wasn't aware of the similarities. I'm a big Sanjay Leela Bhansali fan and I adore Rani. Yes, he had invited me to the sets. He made me feel very special. When I watched him shoot with Rani I became an even bigger fan of Sanjayji. Even a walk-on part in his film is invaluable."