- Film Writer Ravi Shankar Alok Dies After Jumping Off Mumbai Building, He Was Just 32
- This Photo Of Rajinikanth With Kaala Co-Stars Nana Patekar And Pankaj Tripathi Is Golden
- Kaala: 5 Biggest Takeaways From The Trailer Of Rajinikanth's Gangster-Drama
- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
- Nana Patekar Condemns Threats To Bhansali, Deepika
- Kapil Sharma Played Nana Patekar’s Servant In A Film; Was Seen In A Cameo In Punjabi Music Video!
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Everyone who has seen Rani Mukherjee give a smashing performance as a saucy tart in Saawariya is commenting on the similarities between Rani's and Rakhi Sawant"s speech patterns and body language.
The decision to incorporate elements of Rakhi's personality into the character was taken on the day Rakhi, who's a huge fan of Sanjay Leela Bhansali"s work, was invited on the sets of Saawariya when Rani was shooting.
"That's when Sanjay Leela Bhansali heard Rakhi speak and decided to incorporate her cute and wonky way of speaking the English language into Rani's character," says a source very close to the film.
In fact, Rakhi who saw the 'tribute" at the film's premiere on Wednesday caught on immediately and was quite tickled by the way Rani had adopted Rakhi's speech patterns. Says Rakhi, "I wasn't aware of the similarities. I'm a big Sanjay Leela Bhansali fan and I adore Rani. Yes, he had invited me to the sets. He made me feel very special. When I watched him shoot with Rani I became an even bigger fan of Sanjayji. Even a walk-on part in his film is invaluable."