TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Outwardly there's no real love lost between the two enduring divas of the silver screen. Many years ago Shabana Azmi had been openly critical of Rekha's dialogues and performances.
More recently Shabana's husband Javed Akhtar had opined that he didn't think too highly of Rekha. "I've never been a fan of Rekha. Mujhe uski performance dil mein nahin lagi. Unka rona hasna sab heroine ka hota hai. The first time I really liked her was in Krrish."
But now, 30 years after they played Sahelis fighting over Jeetendra in Raaste Pyar Ke, Rekha and Shabana may be brought together in a film called Sadiyaan. And the ambitious director who may pull off this casting coup is Raj Kanwar who has so far been known mainly for his male-oriented subjects.
Reluctant to reveal too many details at the moment Raj Kanwar says, "Sadiyaan which means centuries would be an entirely new territory for me. Yes I do want to cast Rekha and Shabanaji together. Work is on for the screenplay. Song recordings have also started. I hope to get the project in place in a few weeks.'
Rekha is deeply excited by the film. "Shabana Azmi whom I call Munni is always a pleasure to work with. When you have a co-star like her you're challenged to give your best. Sadiyaan would be interesting also because I've never worked with Raj Kanwar before. Also, he's planning to cast a very big male actor in a guest appearance," she ends mysteriously.