- Shahrukh Khan, Rekha, SLB, Manish Malhotra & Others Attend Manisha Koirala's Birthday Bash! Pictures
- Dhadak Special Screening: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sara Ali Khan Catch Ishaan-Janhvi's Film!
- INSIDE IIFA 2018: Ranbir Kapoor Dances To Balam Pichkari, Rekha Charms & KJo Goes Shava-Shava!
- Rekha Comes Between Jaya & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan? Her PDA For Amitabh Bachchan IRRITATES His Family
- HIDDEN MOTIVE? Rekha Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan To Be In Good Books Of Amitabh Bachchan's Family
- Rekha Pens Down A Heart-touching Letter To Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Says 'Like The Phoenix You Rise'
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Outwardly there's no real love lost between the two enduring divas of the silver screen. Many years ago Shabana Azmi had been openly critical of Rekha's dialogues and performances.
More recently Shabana's husband Javed Akhtar had opined that he didn't think too highly of Rekha. "I've never been a fan of Rekha. Mujhe uski performance dil mein nahin lagi. Unka rona hasna sab heroine ka hota hai. The first time I really liked her was in Krrish."
But now, 30 years after they played Sahelis fighting over Jeetendra in Raaste Pyar Ke, Rekha and Shabana may be brought together in a film called Sadiyaan. And the ambitious director who may pull off this casting coup is Raj Kanwar who has so far been known mainly for his male-oriented subjects.
Reluctant to reveal too many details at the moment Raj Kanwar says, "Sadiyaan which means centuries would be an entirely new territory for me. Yes I do want to cast Rekha and Shabanaji together. Work is on for the screenplay. Song recordings have also started. I hope to get the project in place in a few weeks.'
Rekha is deeply excited by the film. "Shabana Azmi whom I call Munni is always a pleasure to work with. When you have a co-star like her you're challenged to give your best. Sadiyaan would be interesting also because I've never worked with Raj Kanwar before. Also, he's planning to cast a very big male actor in a guest appearance," she ends mysteriously.