TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
All roads of Mumbai will lead on Wednesday evening to the premiere of Sony Pictures' first Hindi presentation Saawariya at the IMAX multiplex in Mumbai. The guest list reads like the who's- who of the film industry, from the whole Kapoor clan to the entire Bachchan parivar. They're all going to be there tomorrow.
On Monday morning director Sanjay Leela Bhansali with his two proteges Ranbir and Sonam Kapoor paid Mr Bachchan a personal visit to invite him for the event. Says Sanjay Bhansali, "We've been trying to invite everyone personally. For me a premiere is as sacred as a daughter's wedding. The personal touch is absolutely imperative," said the exhausted director on Tuesday.
"I haven't been getting much sleep. Not because I'm nervous about the film. There's an anxiety, yes. But only because I've attempted something entirely different this time, as I've tried to do each time. The anxiety this time is more about the responsibility that weighs on my shoulders. This is Sony Pictures' first Hindi venture. They need to prove themselves. And in some strange way, so do I….every time I make a film my work is scrutinized closely."
The creative magician has never been more at peace. "I've never felt calmer about any of my work than Saawariya. There was an anxiety about Devdas because it was a very expensive film made under very trying circumstances. Black was a gamble because it was songless and serious in theme. With Saawariya I can say I've never had better producers, never created a film under calmer circumstances."
Practically everyone whom Sanjay has invited has agreed to be at the premiere on Wednesday evening. "Except Waheedaji, one of my favourites. I remember she was one of the first guests to arrive at my premiere of Black. Unfortunately she's in Bangalore and can't come. Otherwise everyone I love is going to be there."